Thursday, February 7, 2008

Alice the Fairy

This is one book Sophia really enjoys...as you will see...

ABOUT THE BOOK:
Alice speaks for herself, claiming she can fly (not too high but really fast), can change her dad into a horse (for a horsey ride), can make herself disappear (by flicking off the light switch with her wand), and can turn oatmeal into cake by pouring on fairy dust (sugar). There are elements of danger, such as broccoli poisoned by the wicked Duchess (Mom) and baths (fairies hate baths), as well as mischief ("…my mom made cookies for my dad. So I turned them into mine") and mishaps ("Once I accidentally turned my white dress into a red one").

There is one particular part Sophia loved hearing me read, it is when Alice tries making her dog float to the ceiling...

No comments: